The kids are doing really well in school this year. They have been learning so many new things. They come home each day singing new songs and quoting scriptures. The girls are saying the letters of the alphabet and making the sounds that correspond to them. Isaac is doing really well with his reading. He is reading with a lot of inflexion and enthusiasm. He says to me the other day. "Do you hear me talking mom...I sound like a robot. When I read I am supposed to read it just as if I was talking normally...not like this." Isaac had a goal of reading 10 books this month and he already finished all his books. He won a certificate to get a free pizza at Pizza Hut so he is looking forward to going real soon. Laura has started coloring and has got the idea of staying in the lines. She tries really hard and is quick to point out that "I am going slow mommy so I can stay in the lines". Julia is learning to write her ABC's. She is learning her capital letters in print and starting to learn to write in cursive. She loves all the new things her teacher tells her at school.
For the Fall Festival each grade is dressing up like a different country and they will set up a table to display things from that country. Isaac has to dress up like a little boy from China, and Julia has Africa and Laura has India. So, I will be rummaging around to see what I can find or make to dress them up. It should be a lot of fun. I know the kids are full of questions as they talk about their country.
No comments:
Post a Comment